The goal of the Divine Shakti Foundation is to holistically provide for the well being of women, their children, and orphaned and abandoned children. DSF is working to identify needs and design and implement programs to support women and children (especially orphaned and abandoned children) to be socially and financially self-sustaining, as well as raise awareness of the problems facing women and children through education and mass communication. DSF is also engaged in activities for the preservation of Mother Earth, especially protecting the Holy Ganga River and providing a safe and natural environment for India’s revered cows. Further, DSF supports and promotes cooperation and association among the people who are interested in these divine goals.
Specific programs to fulfill our mission include but are not limited to:
Providing Basic Needs
- ~ Provide comprehensive needs of poor and widowed women and orphaned/abandoned children.
- ~ Establish programs and infrastructure to meet the physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of expectant mothers who have little or no family or social support.
- ~ Establish homes for unwanted children.
- ~ Provide immediate and long term needs of women and children affected by natural disasters.
- ~ Support other organizations involved with similar goals and objectives as this Trust.
Spiritual & Cultural
- ~ Plan activities and instructional programs designed for spiritual development and growth.
- ~ Design programs to preserve cultural and family values.
- ~ Teach and promote effective parenting skills. Establish parenting training centers for mothers and expectant mothers.
Education & Development
- ~ Provide and promote educational advancement with children’s schools, adult educational services, computer training, scholarship funds, etc.
- ~ Promote vocational training and provide equipment for general training centers, cottage industry training, day care centers, etc.
- ~ Promote and support rural developmental training.
- ~ Provide programs for holistic healthcare. Support research intended for advancement of women and children’s healthcare concerns, particularly debilitating diseases such as HIV, AIDS, breast cancer, etc. Support other organizations involved with holistic healthcare and research designed primarily for women and children.
- ~ Support programs for public health maintenance including preventative holistic health, basic hygiene instruction, nutritional counseling, Ayurvedic cooking instruction, etc.
Environmental Awareness & Protection
- ~ Raise awareness and promote programs designed for ecological preservation especially programs for protecting and preserving Holy Mother, Ganges River
- ~ Provide a safe, serene and natural environment for stray cows through creation of Gaushalas and Gaudhams.
- ~ Protection and preservation of all life including animals with a commitment to prevent animal killing and cruelty wherever possible.
Founder of DSF,
Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji
H.H. Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji’s motto in life is, “In the Service of God and humanity.” Selflessly dedicated to the welfare of all, He leads, directs and inspires numerous, wide-scale service initiatives. Touched by the hand of God at the tender age of eight, Pujya Swamiji left His home to live a life devoted to God and humanity, spending His youth in silence, meditation and austerities high in the Himalayas…read more
President of DSF,
Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji
Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji, Ph.D was raised in an American family in Hollywood, California and graduated from Stanford University. She was completing her Ph.D. when she left America in 1996 to come and live permanently at Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, India. She has been living there for the last twenty years, engaged in spiritual practice and dedicated service….
Quotes to Inspire from Pujya Swamiji
Come to nature, be with nature, and change your nature.
The best way to honor God in our lives is through serving humanity.
Give, give and give, with every breath.
We depend upon each other – humans, animals, plants, water – to survive. Let us continually remind ourselves of the ocean in which we are only drops. Let us not turn a blind eye to the web Mother Earth has so gently wrapped around us.
Do Divine! Be Divine! It is not enough to just BE divine, one must also DO divine!
Girls represent the past, present and future of Mother India. They must be allowed to grow and thrive if India is to grow and thrive.
Let your selfless service be your prayer and your meditation.
Giving is living, living is learning, learning is knowing, knowing is growing, growing is giving and giving is living. That is the cycle of life.
Ahimsa does not only call upon us to live peacefully with other human beings. Rather, the meaning of ahimsa encompasses all beings, all creatures, all life on the planet. It includes the animals as well as Mother Nature.
We must realize that we are God’s children.